THE COSTA RICAN SUMMER IS HOST TO SUNNY DAYS AND MELLOW WINDS, MAKING DOMINCAL ON THE WEST COAST THE PERFECT PLACE TO LEARN TO PARAGLIDE AND PROGRESS UNDER THE DIRECT GUIDANCE OF ZION, LOCAL TO THE AREA.
A 9 day intensive course for absolute beginners or those in need of a refresher. The hands on approach to the course will have you taking your first solo flight within the first three days.
- How to set-up for flying
- Caring for your wing
- Kiting the wing
- Launching and landing
- First short flights a few meters off the ground
- Daily full instructional solo flights
- Beach landing with spot landing and final glide advice
- Theory lessons covering wing safety, controlling the wing and basic thermalling
- Daily flights from varying launches with some guidance and tuition – it’s time to put into practise what you’ve learnt
- Advanced kiting practise with obstacle courses and additional techniques
- Advanced theory on thermalling and wing safety
- 9 days of full tuition
- Transport from accommodation to launch sites
- Landing zone pick ups
- Instructional tandem flight
- Copy of paragliding theory book Paragliding, A Pilot’s Training Manual
- Advice on local accommodation and preferential rates
Next courses starting December 2017
For pilots that have advanced passed beginner but need guidance to the next level, progress tuition with Zion will take you there. Daily tuition includes advanced tips on thermalling, wing safety and advanced manoeuvres with guided and instructional flights to suit your level.